How are your New Year’s Resolutions going?
A lot of people laugh at this question nowadays because by now, many have given up on them.
Admittedly, I was this person in years past, but this year I chose three words to shape my 2018 perspective. One of those words is “Change” and the other is “Do.” You can attribute so many resolutions to these two words alone that the list is endless!
When it comes to healthy habits, I’ve struggled a bit. As I experiment to see what works and what doesn’t, I realized something.
Every little thing counts.
In my mind, I have thought of ‘being healthy’ as a series of huge decisions destined for failure. But really, that is not the case at all! I started listing out all of the healthy habits I’m already doing and looking at the list, I realized it’s not hard to be healthy.
You simply have to change little things in your life and then, as Nike says, just do it.
- Take the stairs.
- Eat an apple with your lunch.
- Park farther away in the parking lot.
- Do squats while brushing your teeth.
- Do squats while watching TV.
- Do squats basically whenever you’re standing still.
- Drink a glass of water in the morning.
- Drink a glass of water at night.
- Drink water more often in general.
- Eat a big breakfast.
- Don’t eat late at night.
- Try black coffee without tons of creamer and sugar.
- Do sit-ups during commercial breaks.
- Do planks.
- Laugh often.
- Go to bed at a decent hour.
- Rest when your body needs it.
- Get outside.
- Cook at home if you can.
- Eat more fruits & veggies.
- Stop drinking soda.
- Sit less, stand more.
- Don’t snack if you’re not hungry.
- Eat sitting down.
- Don’t drink your calories.
- Eat colorfully.
- Walk more.
- Read more.
There are so many more, but those are the ones that came to mind. What is one healthy habit you’re going to start today?